Weight loss is not as hard as you think it is. Two weeks may seem not enough to drop any meaningful amount of weight, but there are safe ways to drop a handful of unwanted kilograms in a short period of time.
Fad diets and promoters of weight loss pills will have you believe otherwise, but there are safe and effective ways to lose weight in 2 weeks or less. Let’s take a look.
HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT IN 2 WEEKS
EAT FEWER CARBS, BUT MORE LEAN PROTEINS
There are lots of diet options out there, and the reality is that most diets promote low-calorie intake, which is a very simple way of dropping any unwanted kilos. Pretty much, if you eat fewer calories than you burn off in any given day, you’re going to lose weight. That part isn’t rocket science.
One way you can both reduce total calories in and get a slight boost to your weight loss goals is to a strict low-carb diet. Studies have shown that this type of diet is effective for weight loss. The basis for this is fairly straight-forward… Your body converts unused carbs into stored fat. Protein has the benefit of being harder for your body to break down, so it actually consumes a little more energy to convert the protein into a form your body can use for energy. Think of a low card diet as a way to minimize the amount of stored fat, plus giving you a slight boost in daily calorie consumption.
Wondering what you should eat to go low card? Replace carbs with lean proteins, and green leafy vegetables. That’ll give you a great start.
REDUCE CALORIE INTAKE
As we said above, eating fewer calories than you normally would is a great way to drop the weight. Here are some tips to reduce your calorie consumption:
- Count the calories and log them in a food journal. You can download an app to help you monitor your intake.
- Eat only during mealtimes, and reduce snacking and avoid eating anything after dinner. The simple act of reducing the window of time where you can consume food is in itself a great weight-loss tactic. Aim for no-calorie intake after 7 pm at night. If you feel hungry at night, try a big glass of water.
- Eliminate those condiments and sauces. Use herbs and spices for added taste and flavor.
- Fill your plate with vegetables, particularly leafy greens.
- Eat only lean proteins, like fish and chicken. Stick to grilled and boiled meat, instead of fried.
- Do not drink your calories. Avoid sugary beverages and alcoholic drinks. Stick to only zero-calorie water at all costs. Take a break from alcohol, particularly on weeknights, and sub out sugar in coffee for an artificial sweetener.
AVOID JUNK FOODS
Ditching junk food is a no-brainer for weight loss. Eating whole foods can make you feel full for longer. Make sure to avoid junk and processed foods because they contain tons of empty calories and the bottom line is, if you want to lose weight, the junk just has to go.
TAKE AWAY THE BLOAT
Weight gain is often caused by water weight. You can get rid of this by following these simple tips:
- Take dandelion extract supplement
- Drink coffee or tea
- Avoid salty and starchy foods
- Know which foods you may be intolerant to
DO STRENGTH TRAINING AND HIIT
Exercise and diet must work hand-in-hand to ensure weight loss and improved health.
Resistance training should be combined with cardio exercises to let your body burn fat while gaining lean muscle mass. When you have more lean muscle mass, your body will continue torching fat to keep the muscle tissue alive, even after your workout session. Yes, you read that right… Your body actually uses energy throughout the day to keep your muscle mas alive. It’s free calorie burning!
High-Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT, is another effective fat-burning and muscle building method. It involves doing high-intensity bursts for 30 to 60 seconds and then resting for a period of seconds per exercise. There can be more than one exercise per round. It’s a great way to burn plenty of calories in a short timeframe.
You have to optimize your training and diet to lose a great deal of weight in two weeks. While it will not completely result in fat loss, it may give you a kick-start to a healthy lifestyle.
During your EFM workouts, you’ll be doing plenty of this type of training if weight loss is a goal of yours. Most members come to us looking for a combination of weight loss, improved fitness, and to tone up a little.
Burning fat should no.t end after your workout. In order to burn more calories, aim for ways to burn more calories through each day
How active you are every day plays a vital role in your overall health and fitness. In fact, the difference between a manual job and a desk job can go as high as 1,000 calories a day, which is equivalent to more than an hour of high-intensity exercise.
Here are some common ways to burn a few extra calories (remember, it all adds up).
- Take the stairs instead of a lift or escalator.
- Park your car in the furthest park away from an entrance.
- Have a quick 10-30 minute walk during your work breaks.
- Use a standing desk.
The tips above provide an effective way to lose weight safely, without resorting to a crazy diet.